Yes, I hope that song is now stuck in your head like it’s been in mine for the last seven days..
Today being January 14th, exactly seven days upon our arrival to Japan, I thought a countdown of sorts would be appropriate.
Yes, we are moving to Japan this weekend. No, I can’t schedule a six month out appointment, Wigwam Creek Dental, because I’ll be on the other side of the globe. Yes, we will be living in Misawa, Japan for the next three years. No, I have no clue where we will live or what I will do. Yes, I am very excited! No, I don’t know ANY Japanese. (Konichiwa).
Yes, I will be constantly living 13 (ish) hours ahead of you. But don’t worry, I’ll be sure and let you know how your tomorrow will be.
For those of you wondering, on Saturday we (Bryson, Me, Bailey, and LOTS of luggage) make our way to Seattle. Sunday is travel day to Japan. Monday is arrival! So as you can imagine, it’s pretty crazy round these parts.
But amidst the crazy packing and cleaning and ordered chaos, here’s seven things in no particular order that I am really looking forward to about moving to Japan!
1. SNOW. And lots of it! (Yes, that’s Misawa)
2. All related snow activities. Downhill skiing, xc skiing, etc.
3. Opportunities to travel Japan! Maybe we’ll get down here?
4. Yummy food and the resolve to be adventurous. Here’s to forcing myself to like Sushi!
5. Picking up a bit of the language and learning from the culture.
6. Festivals every weekend. Especially this one. Yes, I plan to catch a salmon with my bare hands!
7. Four seasons, especially a Spring filled with these…
It’s possible that living in a desert for the last year influenced that countdown slightly. Nevertheless, we are really excited for this next season of life and all that the Lord has in store to teach and train us both in. We know that He is faithfully walking before us, guiding our steps and we cannot wait to see what adventures He has in store!
I’ll continue to use this space as an avenue to process life and the things the Lord is teaching me. I’ll also be writing more about our adventures in Japan, so be sure to stay tuned!
Until we meet again, on the other side of the pond….